Research and practice have shown that there are obvious advantages on both sides compared with wearing a hearing aid on one side. After recognizing the necessity and importance of bilateral hearing aids, the following principles have been established: Whenever possible, wear hearing aids on both sides. This is especially important for the elderly. Because senile deafness patients have poor hearing resolution and severe resilience, hearing aids that are clearer and can effectively limit excessive sound output are needed. The advantages of wearing a hearing aid with both ears are helping older people to hear better. why?
(1) It is possible to have a sense of auditory direction only when both ears are heard at the same time, in order to have auditory orientation and positioning ability.
(2) The same sound is obviously larger with both ears, so it can reduce the output of the hearing aid, which is equivalent to the “real hearing” of 6 decibel.
(3) Thanks to the “stereo effect”, hearing aids can be used to improve the user’s speech resolution. For example, in a noisy environment, binaural hearing can suppress and attenuate the noise intensity and improve the user’s understanding of the language sound. In a reverberant sound environment, the effect of wearing a hearing aid with both ears is more prominent.
(4) Dual-ear hearing aids allow the user to hear a weaker sound.
(5) Because it conforms to human hearing habits, wearing a hearing aid with both ears makes the user feel more natural and comfortable.
(6) binaural complementation can effectively reduce distortion, make the signal sound more real and clear, and more easily create a sense of spatial balance.
(7) Listening to both ears at the same time makes the sound sound consistent and rich, thus improving the quality of the sound heard.
(8) Both ears are “used” straight, which can effectively avoid the decline of the disused hearing function caused by the weak signal stimulation of the unhearing ear.
Because of this, many elderly deaf patients who once used binaural hearing aids can no longer tolerate the defects of single ear hearing aids.
Jinghao medical hearing aid reminder:Hearing aids need to be professionally “fitted”. It is very important to choose a professional hearing aid fitting center and hearing aid fittings! You can call the Jinghao medical for any hearing problems, or you can come to the center to experience the experience. . Hearing aid free consultation phone: +86-18566295705
You can also scan our WeChat public account for more information about hearing.