Modern hearing aids are durable, easy to operate and reliable. However, some simple precautions can ensure that your hearing aids provide you with trouble-free service for many years.
1. Avoid soiling hearing aids
Keep fingers clean and dry before operating the hearing aid. The microphone interface is only a few tens of millimeters (1/16 to 1/8 inches) wide and is easily blocked.
2. Avoid sharps and collisions of sharp objects
Wear and remove the hearing aid on a soft surface (bed or sofa).
3. Keep hearing aids away from heat sources
Never place the hearing aid in a place where it may overheat. Avoid direct sunlight (at home or in parked vehicles) and do not place it around the heater.
4. Avoid moisture
Remove the hearing aid before showering, bathing or swimming. Do not place the hearing aid in the bathroom, which may be damaged by moisture. Dry the sweat in your ears and ears frequently. Moisture and condensed water droplets can damage the circuitry inside the hearing aid. We recommend opening the battery compartment at night and using special tools available from hearing health professionals.
5. Keep hearing aids away from children and pets
Dogs don’t like the sound of feedback (howling), but they are attracted by the smell of the owner, often leading to chewing hearing aids. It is dangerous if the hearing aid battery is swallowed. If the battery is swallowed in case of accident, please consult a doctor immediately.
6. Avoid contact with cosmetics or hair spray
Fine particles from cosmetics and hair gels can easily block the entrance to the microphone. Always remove the hearing aid before using the product.
7. Carefully clean the hearing aid
Clean the hearing aid with a soft, dry cloth. Alcohol, solvents, and cleaning fluids can damage electronic circuits.
8. Keep your ears clean
Keep your ears clean. If the sound of the hearing aid is weakened, it may be because the sound outlet or the earwax filter is blocked by earwax or dirt. You can get special cleaning products from hearing health experts.
9. Put the hearing aid in a safe place
When the hearing aid is not in use, it should be placed in a box or in a specially dried box. When not in use for a long time, the battery should be taken out.
10. Please expert repair
Screwdrivers and oils can cause fatal damage to hearing aids. Simply touching the electronics or tiny forces can cause irreparable damage. Have a hearing health professional serve your hearing aid.
Cleaning and maintenance of in-ear hearing aids
1. Hearing care specialists will provide you with special information about hearing aid cleaning and may recommend a special cleaning tool.
2. Water and solvents can damage electronic circuits. After each time the hearing aid is removed, clean the hearing aid with a soft, dry cloth.
3. Clear accumulated earwax every day. When using an earwax removal tool (such as a brush), the hearing aid should be cleaned from the bottom up. This will prevent some earwax or dirt from entering the inside of the hearing aid.
4. If the hearing aid sounds weaker, it may be because the sound outlet or the earwax filter is blocked by earwax. Filters should be replaced or consulted by a hearing health professional.
Note: In-ear hearing aids are particularly susceptible to damage from earwax, moisture or dirt. Because the electronics and the case are integrated.
Cleaning and maintenance of behind-the-ear hearing aids
Clean the ear mold daily. Wipe with a soft, dry cloth and look at the opening of the ear mold to make sure it is not blocked by earwax. A blocked opening will prevent sound from entering your ear. The ear mold should be cleaned once a week.
If you have any of the following questions, please consult a hearing health professional:
— ear mold causes pain or discomfort
–Cannot remove earwax from the ear mold
–The tube turns yellow or becomes brittle
— Hearing aids whistle and cannot set the appropriate volume
Be sure to separate the ear mold from the hearing aid before cleaning. Hearing aids must never touch water. Before connecting the two parts, make sure that both are completely dry. When connecting the ear mold to the hearing aid, it should be ensured that the arc portions of both the ear mold and the hearing aid match.
Jinghao medical hearing aid reminder:Hearing aids need to be professionally “fitted”. It is very important to choose a professional hearing aid fitting center and hearing aid fittings! You can call the Jinghao medical for any hearing problems, or you can come to the center to experience the experience. . Hearing aid free consultation phone: +86-18566295705
You can also scan our WeChat public account for more information about hearing.