After retiring from 6’s old forest, he gradually found himself a bit in the past few years. He bought a pair of hearing aids of more than 6,000 yuan in the mall last year. But after a few months, he didn’t want to wear the pair of hearing aids. “You can’t stand it loudly, and you can’t hear it clearly.” After going to the hospital for examination, the doctor found that his hearing was not protected, but it fell further. Experts remind that before buying a hearing aid, you should first check your hearing and make a fitting according to the degree of hearing loss. Otherwise, you may “wear more and more.”
With the increase of age, the hearing of the elderly is gradually declining. They are increasingly unable to understand the conversations of others. In the family, they often sit silently and the quality of life is greatly affected. Zhang Xiangxiu reminded that you should not wait for the hearing loss to drop before you choose the hearing aid. Older people with low hearing loss can be equipped with invisible deep ear canal hearing aids. It looks like normal people after wearing them, and will not allow people who have not yet reached retirement age to suffer from social psychological pressure.
How to pick the right hearing aid?
1. Each type of hearing aid has its own range of adaptation. For example, customized hearing aids can be customized according to the needs of different groups of people, suitable for elderly people with high requirements for concealment; ear-back hearing aids are easy to wear, function-adjusted, and moderately priced. The appearance is more concealed and other aspects are favored by more elderly people with hearing loss.
2. The hearing aid should be selected according to factors such as finger flexibility and vision. In addition to hearing loss, many elderly people have poor eyesight and inflexible fingers. It is difficult to install batteries for very small hearing aids. Adjusting the volume of the behind-the-ear hearing aid is easier than adjusting the inner ear hearing aid, but if the hearing aid is equipped with a remote control, there is no difference between the two. In terms of the convenience of extraction, the in-ear hearing aid is slightly more convenient.
3. Select hearing aids to consider the extent and type of hearing loss. The behind-the-ear hearing aid can be equipped with audio input, FM interface and other devices, allowing directional microphone characteristics, while in-ear hearing aids are not easy to achieve these functions, the elderly also need to choose hearing aids according to individual needs.
What should I pay attention to when wearing a hearing aid?
1. Wearing a hearing aid should be comfortable and painless. If you feel pain, contact your fitter.
2. Once an echo or loud condition occurs, your hearing aid needs to be debugged.
3. Avoid noise to avoid discomfort. If you feel that the noise is too high and the hearing aid is wet, you need to go to the hearing aid fitting center for debugging and drying.
Jinghao medical hearing aid reminder: hearing aids need to be professionally “fitted”, it is very important to choose a professional hearing aid fitting center and hearing aid fittings! All patients and friends have any hearing problems can call the Jinghao medical consultation, or personally Come to the fitting center experience. Hearing aid free consultation phone: +86-18566295705
You can also scan our WeChat public account for more information about hearing.