1. Which ear is the hearing aid worn on?
If the child has residual hearing in both ears, in principle, a hearing aid should be worn. For some reason, the following principles can be considered when wearing a single-ear hearing aid:
1) If the hearing area of the ears is different, the ear of the hearing area is preferred.
2) If the binaural audiogram is different, the preferred audiogram is flatter.
3) If the hearing loss of both ears is different, but they are all within 60dB, the earpiece is preferred.
4) Both ears are more than 60dB, and the ear is better.
How does 2. help children with hearing aid adaptive training?
Children wearing hearing aids often feel uncomfortable and need an adaptation process, usually in about two weeks. At this stage, care should be taken to help the child to perform adaptive training for hearing aids.
1) Start by turning the knob of the hearing aid down and then gradually increasing it to make it easier to adapt.
2) wears hearing aids from short to long, such as wearing 1~2 hours on the first day and 2~3 hours on the next day. According to the child’s ability to adapt, gradually extend the time, until there is a good feeling for wearing a hearing aid, resulting in dependence.
3) Training venues range from quiet rooms to the natural environment of birds and flowers to prepare children for a variety of sounds.
3. What do children think of hearing aids?
After the child wears the hearing aid, the sound is harsh or painful in the ear. First, consider whether the volume of the hearing aid is too large. If the volume of the hearing aid is not too large, you need to review the child’s bare ear hearing threshold and pain threshold to determine whether the child has a resilience at a certain frequency. Most children can’t find the pain threshold in the bare ear. They can also determine which frequency the child feels harsh by measuring the hearing threshold, and then take necessary countermeasures. The solution usually has the following 3 species:
1) Select a hearing aid with peak clipping and automatic gain control.
2) Place a damping at the ear mold hose or at the ear hook to reduce re-vibration due to excessive amplification of the intermediate frequency.
3) changes the overall acoustics of the hearing aid by adjusting the tone of the hearing aid or changing the sound holes and air holes of the ear mold.
4. What if the child still can’t tell the voice after wearing the hearing aid?
After the child wears the hearing aid, he can only hear the sound and can’t distinguish the sound. If there are many reasons for not understanding the words, he should analyze the actual situation of the child:
1) may not have been trained in listening language because the child just wore a hearing aid.
Because language is obtained through learning, children can only hear the sound without learning through language, and it is normal for them to understand. Intensive listening training is an important way to improve children’s ability to listen. Parents can make full use of the hearing loss children’s rehabilitation assessment question library content (auditory evaluation part), first select the two-syllable word picture for auditory training, after the child is proficient in the voice and semantics of the picture, the parents or teachers sit side by side with the child, but avoid Visually, the hearing test is performed on the deaf children. The test results can reflect the child’s hearing situation. It is also a good way to judge whether the child can hear and understand the test content.
Another major cause of 2) is excessive hearing loss or insufficient high-frequency hearing compensation.
At this time, based on the child’s actual hearing loss, re-commissioning or selecting a hearing aid suitable for the power and frequency response range, so that it can obtain reasonable hearing compensation and improve the child’s listening ability.
5. What if the child is tired of reading the newspaper after wearing the hearing aid?
After the child wears the hearing aid, he is annoyed to read the newspaper sound, indicating that the high frequency amplification of the hearing aid is excessive. It can be solved by adjusting the pitch of the hearing aid to reduce the gain of the high frequency. If the effect is still not satisfactory, the volume can be adjusted appropriately.
Jinghao medical hearing aid reminder:Hearing aids need to be professionally “fitted”. It is very important to choose a professional hearing aid fitting center and hearing aid fittings! You can call the Jinghao medical for any hearing problems, or you can come to the center to experience the experience. . Hearing aid free consultation phone: +86-18566295705
You can also scan our WeChat public account for more information about hearing.
Link：Frequently asked questions about children wearing hearing aidsREF: Hearing Aids, Hearing amplifier, Digital Hearing Aids
The article comes from the Internet. If there is any infringement, please contact [email protected] to delete it.