新生儿Hearing screeningThe significance lies in the early detection of hearing impairment.It has been clinically found that if there is no newborn hearing screening, through routine physical examination or parental observation, children’s hearing impairment is mostly discovered after the age of 2, missing the period of rapid child language development and delaying the best time for recovery.Therefore, newborn hearing screening is very necessary.
XNUMX. The subject of newborn hearing screening: all babies born
According to the requirements of the technical specifications for newborn hearing screening, all babies born should receive newborn hearing screening.
If a child cannot hear clearly or cannot hear the sound after birth, the critical age for language development (3
Under the age of) lack of stimulation of speech and environmental sounds, there will be obstacles in the hearing-speech chain, which will affect their future speech-language development.The light ones will lead to ambiguity, the heavy ones will lead to hearing and speech disorders, and even lead to a series of problems such as withdrawn personality, inattention and learning difficulties.Only through newborn hearing screening can the baby be detected earlyHearing loss; Provide timely intervention and rehabilitation to reduce its impact on speech-language and cognitive development.Newborn hearing screening is the most effective way to detect hearing loss early.
XNUMX. Timing of newborn hearing screening
Normally born newborns usually undergo the initial hearing screening 48 hours after birth. If the baby is admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit after birth, the initial hearing screening will be performed before being discharged after the condition is stable.
Newborns who fail the initial hearing screening must undergo hearing re-screening 30 or 42 days after birth.
Newborns who have not passed the re-screening should be referred to the Children’s Audiometric Diagnostic Center for diagnostic testing within 3 months.Check to determine whether there is hearing impairment, and if it is diagnosed as hearing impairment, it is necessary to clarify the degree and nature of hearing impairment, and carry out corresponding medical intervention and rehabilitation in time.
XNUMX. Coordination of newborn hearing screening
Many parents will ask, why do hearing screenings be performed after the newborn is asleep?
In fact, the main purpose is to ensure the accuracy of hearing screening results.In addition, in order to ensure that the hearing screening can proceed smoothly, the assistance and cooperation of parents plays an important role before, during and after the hearing screening.So what kind of work should parents cooperate with doctors to do?
Before newborn hearing screening:
1. Listen carefully to the newborn hearing screening staff to explain the meaning and methods of hearing screening; carefully read and sign the informed consent form;
2. The best test result is obtained when the newborn is sleeping naturally.If the newborn is irritable and crying, it will affect the test results, so parents should try to feed the newborn to sleep before the hearing test.
3. Change a clean diaper for the newborn to make it comfortable and not crying;
4. Choose a coating of moderate thickness for newborns, thinner is easy to catch cold, too thick will affect the operation.
In newborn hearing screening:
1. Keep quiet and avoid talking; turn off all communication equipment to avoid noise;
2. Keep the newborn’s correct posture during the hearing screening, exposing the test ear, and avoid covering it.
3. During the test, parents can gently hold their hands on the newborn’s shoulders to make him feel safe.
4. After finishing one ear, do not turn the newborn hard to avoid awakening. You should cooperate with the doctor to gently turn to the opposite ear.
After newborn hearing screening:
1. Listen carefully to the doctor’s explanation. Those who have not passed the newborn hearing screening should follow the doctor’s instructions;
2. For children at high risk of hearing loss, receive hearing monitoring every 6 months until they are 3 years old;
3. Those who have passed the newborn hearing screening receive regular hearing care from the child insurance;
4. At ordinary times, pay attention to prevent noise, drugs, etc. from damage to the newborn’s hearing;
5. Pay attention to the hearing and speech development of the newborns. If there is a suspected developmental delay, seek medical treatment and rule out in time.
XNUMX. What should parents do if the newborn’s hearing screening fails?
According to regulations, newborns who have not passed the initial screening should be screened in both ears within 42 days.Those who have not passed the re-screening should be referred to the hearing impaired diagnosis and treatment institution designated by the provincial health administrative department for further diagnosis within 3 months after birth.
The newborn’s failure to pass the hearing screening suggests that there may be hearing problems.But failing to pass the preliminary or re-screening does not mean that the newborn must have hearing problems, because there are many reasons that lead to the failure of the preliminary or re-screening:
For example, ① there is fetal fat, amniotic fluid, and secretions in the external auditory canal; ② there is effusion in the middle ear cavity; ③ the baby is not quiet and has a lot of body movement; ④ the environment is noisy; ⑤ cochlear hair cell damage; ⑥ cochlear nerve damage, etc. will cause OAE
Or the AABR screening fails.The first few reasons can be ruled out through re-screening or hearing diagnosis.The damage of cochlear hair cells or cochlear nerve requires careful hearing and other examinations to confirm the severity, nature and cause of hearing loss.
Parents should not panic when they are told that the newborn’s hearing screening has not passed. They should actively follow the doctor’s instructions for re-screening, referral and intervention treatment: ① Those who fail the initial screening should go to the designated place for re-screening on time; ② Re-screening Those who fail to pass will be referred to the designated institution for hearing diagnosis on time; ③ Those who are diagnosed as hearing impaired will receive intervention treatment in time.
XNUMX. The legal basis for newborn hearing screening