At present, all hearing aids are energy-consuming products of sound-electricity-acoustic conversion. In this energy-consumption conversion process, the outside world needs to provide corresponding energy. The battery that provides this energy in the hearing aid.
The current digital hearing aids all use special button batteries-zinc-air batteries.Zinc-air batteries last longer than mercury batteries and have less environmental pollution.Hearing aid batteries have a positive electrode and a negative electrode, but the batteries have different models,
Generally divided into four categories:
1. A10 battery, mainly suitable for full ear canal type Hearing aid , Generally can be used for 3-7 days;
2. A312 battery, mainly suitable for ear canal type Hearing aid , Generally can be used for 3-7 days;
3. A13 battery, mainly suitable for behind-the-ear or in-ear hearing aids, generally can be used for 7-15 days;
4. A675 battery, mainly suitable for behind-the-ear hearing aids, generally can be used for 7-15 days.
The unopened battery we usually see will have a sealed label on it. This is because the outside air is the source of power for the zinc-air battery.Peel off the sealing label on the battery and wait for about a minute to allow enough oxygen to enter the activation electrochemical system. Once the battery is activated, the power will slowly be exhausted.Once the sealing label is torn off, even if it is re-attached, the battery will not extend the use time.Therefore, unless you want to use the battery immediately, do not tear off the battery’s sealing label.
The zinc-air battery contains a high concentration of electrolyte. Once the electrolyte leaks, it will corrode the parts of the battery accessories.So, when will the battery leak?
1. If the battery has been used for too long and the power has been exhausted, if the battery is still placed in the hearing aid, it may cause the battery to leak.
2. When used in an excessively humid environment, the humidity in the air will have an effect on the chemical substances in the battery and cause liquid leakage.
The battery life is related to the temperature, humidity, the power of the hearing aid, the volume of the hearing aid, and the use time of the hearing aid.So, how do the batteries of hearing aids need to be stored?
1. Temperature is the first factor that affects the use of the battery. When the temperature drops, the reaction rate of the electrode decreases, and when the temperature rises, the reaction rate of the electrode also increases.The temperature of the refrigerator is generally 0-10°C, which is more suitable for storing batteries. (It must be sealed first)
2. Humidity also has a great influence on the use of the battery. If the humidity in the air is high, the system will store water. If the humidity is too low, the electrolyte in the battery will become too dry. Performance contradicts.
3. The battery contains chemical substances and liquid leakage may occur, so do not place the battery where children and pets can easily reach.