The treatment and rehabilitation of the elderly with hearing impairment should comprehensively analyze the hearing status and other needs, focusing on wearing suitable hearing aids, learning to listen and supplementing with a comprehensive rehabilitation model of vision.
(XNUMX) Actively respond
If the problem is found, it must be solved.The elderly can pay more attention to some of this knowledge and seek advice and guidance from audiologists in hospitals or rehabilitation institutions.
The general operation process is:
(1) Hearing screening;
(2) Otoscope examination;
(3) Basic hearing test, including pure tone audiometry, speech audiometry, acoustic impedance, tinnitus matching check, etc.;
(4) Audiology evaluation;
(5) Hearing rehabilitation assessment;
(6) Scientifically fitting hearing aids or hearing aids;
(7) Commissioning, maintenance and use of equipment;
(8) Listening training guidance.If it is delayed due to various reasons, the longer the time, the more severe the hearing impairment and the worse the speech discrimination.
Therefore, it is correct to treat the hearing status of the elderly correctly and take effective measures in time.
(XNUMX) Active treatment of systemic diseases can prevent the occurrence of senile deafness
There are many reasons for deafness, and the pathogenesis and pathological changes are complex and different. At present, there is no simple and effective medicine or therapy suitable for any situation.
Some causes of deafness are clear, such as high blood pressure or inner ear vasospasm leading to hearing loss. In this case, drugs that can dilate the blood vessels in the inner ear, drugs that reduce blood viscosity and dissolve small blood clots, vitamin B drugs, and energy preparations should be used as soon as possible Wait.
(XNUMX) Hearing aid knowledge
To put it simply, a hearing aid is a sound amplification device that helps you hear the original inaudible or inaudible sound. It is an important hearing rehabilitation method.Hearing aids usually include the following components:
Microphone: convert sound into electrical signal
Amplifier: Amplification function, currently most of them use digital signal processing
Receiver: speaker, output sound
Hearing aids can be divided into box type according to their appearance Hearing aid , Behind the ear Hearing aid , Concha-cavity hearing aids, ear canal hearing aids and deep ear canal hearing aids.In addition to in-ear hearing aids, other types of hearing aids have to customize ear molds to make the hearing aids wear firm and improve the acoustic effect.
(XNUMX) Correct maintenance and maintenance of hearing aids
Generally, the design life of hearing aids is about 5 years. Correct maintenance and maintenance of hearing aids are the key to prolonging the service life of hearing aids. The key to maintaining hearing aids is moisture-proof, shock-proof and anti-earwax.
1. Moisture-proof: Keep the hearing aid dry, wipe the sweat on the surface of the hearing aid with a soft dry cloth in time, put the hearing aid in the drying box when not in use; remove the hearing aid when washing your hair, bathing, or swimming. If you accidentally wet the hearing aid, Hearing aids should be placed in a drying box to dry immediately, and do not use fire or high temperature drying.
2. Shockproof: Prevent the hearing aid from being violently hit.Important components in hearing aids are easily damaged by violent impact, such as microphones and receivers; you should wear or remove the hearing aids on soft-surfaced objects (such as beds, sofas), and do not drop the hearing aids on hard objects.After the hearing aid is removed, it should be placed in a safe place to prevent children or pets from falling or biting.
3. Anti-earwax: For the customized machine, moisture-proof is its advantage, and anti-earwax is its weakness. It is necessary to use a small brush to remove the earwax from the sound outlet of the customized hearing aid.
(XNUMX) Professional fitting of hearing aids
1. Where can the hearing-impaired be fitted with hearing aids?
Hearing aids are not an ordinary commodity. Patients should go to hearing centers, hearing aid fitting centers, hospital ear departments, or hearing speech rehabilitation centers for hearing tests. After the diagnosis is confirmed, hearing aids can be selected, programmed, adjusted, tried on, evaluated, and adapted. After training, the hearing aid fitting can be completed.
2. Who will do the fitting of hearing aids?
Hearing aid fitting should be done by the hearing aid fitting technician.He (she) can formulate a hearing compensation plan according to the hearing loss and psychological needs of the hearing impaired, use special equipment and software for hearing aid fitting to select and debug suitable hearing aids for the patient, and conduct effect evaluation and follow-up hearing rehabilitation services.
3. What kind of qualifications should a hearing aid fitter have?
According to the national professional standards, hearing aid fitting specialists are divided into three levels from low to high, namely four, three and two. The higher the level, the higher the requirements for hearing aid fittings.Usually according to the working years and academic requirements of the job, after receiving the training, the national vocational examination is taken by the relevant functional departments of the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security and the Ministry of Health to obtain the qualifications.
4. What kind of assistance policy does the country have for adults (old) hearing impaired?
From 2011 to 2015, the state will invest 7500 million yuan to implement the “Poverty Adult Hearing Disabled (Hearing Aid) Rehabilitation Project”, and 5 impoverished adult hearing-impaired people will wear hearing aids for free.Including: providing hearing aids, batteries, first ear mold making and fitting.
The recipient should meet the following conditions:
(1) Hearing loss meets the criteria for hearing disability, no hearing aid adaptation taboo, and willingness to wear hearing aids;
(2) Family financial difficulties;
(3) Priority assistance is given to the hearing-disabled at the stage of schooling and employment.
Application and approval process:
(1) The applicant voluntarily submits an application, fills in the “Application and Approval Form for Impoverished Adult Hearing Disabled (Hearing Aid) Rehabilitation Projects”, and completes the approval procedures in accordance with the implementation plan of the Provincial Disabled Persons’ Federation;
(2) The approved list and related information will be publicized for a period of 7 days, and the recipients will be determined without objection.
Hearing aid fitting process:
(1) Notify the recipient to receive ear mold making and hearing aid fitting services at the nearest designated fitting institution;
(2) After the completion of the fitting, the designated fitting agency will establish a hearing service file for each recipient, and fill in the “Registration Form for the Fitting of the Impoverished Adult Hearing Disabled (Hearing Aid) Rehabilitation Project”, which will be signed by the recipient;
(3) Designated fitting institutions should provide follow-up services for recipients, and conduct hearing aid evaluation and debugging for recipients at least once within a year.
(XNUMX) Establish reasonable expectations for hearing aids
1. How long does it take to recover after hearing impairment is discovered?
Rehabilitation should be carried out as soon as possible after hearing impairment is found.For a hearing impaired patient, the earlier the rehabilitation starts, the better the effect.In our country, people’s awareness of hearing aids is far from enough. Many hearing impaired people start to choose hearing aids only after hearing loss for a long time. This long-term hearing loss will cause the central auditory system to receive The sound and speech signals are incomplete.Therefore, hearing aids should be worn as soon as possible and auditory rehabilitation training should be carried out.
2. Can hearing be restored to normal hearing immediately after wearing a hearing aid?
First of all, you should tell all hearing impaired patients and their family members that wearing a suitable hearing aid does not mean that they can communicate and live like normal people. “It is just an auxiliary device to help listening.” There is an important adjustment period after fitting. .
3. Can hearing aids solve all hearing problems related to hearing impairment?
Some patients cannot hear certain sound signals because of severe hearing loss, especially the unclear initials in the speech, which affects speech intelligibility.After wearing the hearing aid, the compensation is still not satisfied, which requires the help of reading the words to distinguish the semantics when wearing the hearing aid.
4. What is the best distance for hearing aids?
Generally speaking, after the hearing aid is fitted, the effective communication distance of the hearing aid is about 2 meters. If this distance is exceeded, the hearing aid effect will be affected, but the FM wireless frequency modulation system can accept long-distance signal sound.