1. Small moulddensity: The low density of plastics is of great significance for reducing the weight of machinery and equipment and saving energy, especially for vehicles, ships, aircrafts, and spacecraft.
2. High specific strength and specific stiffness: The absolute strength of plastics in machining mould materials is not as high as metal, but the density of plastics is small, so the specific strength (σb/ρ) and specific stiffness (E/ρ) are quite high. In particular, reinforced plastics made of various high-strength fibrous, flake and powder metal or non-metal as fillers have higher specific strength and specific stiffness than metals.
3. Good chemical stability: Most plastics have good resistance to acids, alkalis, salts, water and gases. Under normal conditions, they do not chemically react with these substances.
4. Good electrical insulation, heat insulation and sound insulation performance.
5. Good wear resistance and self-lubrication: plastic has low friction coefficient, good wear resistance, and good self-lubricity, plus high specific strength, low transmission noise, it can be rubbed in liquid medium, semi-dry or even dry Work effectively under conditions. It can be made into machine parts such as bearings, gears, cams and pulleys, which is very suitable for occasions with low speed and low load.
6. Strong bonding ability.